What is Express?
Express is a Node js web framework that provides extensive features for building web and mobile applications. It is used to create hybrid, multi-page, and single-page web applications. It is a layer built on top of NodeJS that helps manage servers and routes.
What is the difference between Express and NodeJS?
It facilitates the rapid development of web applications based on Node. The following are some of the main features of its framework:
- Allows you to configure middleware to respond to HTTP requests.
- Defines a routing table that is used to perform different actions based on the HTTP method and URL.
- It allows to dynamically render HTML pages based on passing arguments to templates.
Is it frontend or backend?
It’s backend. It is designed to create web applications and APIs.
One of the notable things is that it gives developers full control over the requests and responses associated with each of their application’s methods.
Is it a coding language?
- It makes developing Node.js web applications quick and easy.
Easy to configure and customize.
- It allows you to define routes of your application based on HTTP methods and URLs.
- It includes several middleware modules that can be used to perform additional tasks on request and response.
- Easy to integrate with different template engines like Jade, Vash, EJS, etc.
- Allows you to define an error handling middleware.
- Easy to serve static files and resources from your application.
- Allows you to create a REST API server.
- Easy to connect with databases like MongoDB, Redis, MySQL