In my attempt to learn more about the front end of web applications, I have been doing a whole series of courses belonging to the Udemy platform. From time to time they make offers and I have not hesitated to buy all the courses taught by Stephen Grider. Stephen is a very good teacher, his explanations are very deep and very well documented.
Server Side Rendering with React and Redux course caught my attention:
- Understand the challenges of Server Side Rendering
- Build a server side rendering boilerplate project
- Use React, Redux, and React Router to conquer Search Engine Optimization
- Master techniques for data loading on the server
- Construct server architectures that can easily scale for large apps
The course indicated that rendering from the server increased the speed of the initial site load. In the final stages of the course code was implemented to perform SEO (Seach Engine Optimization) but no in-depth explanation was given.
To complete information, I have done a search on the web and found a link that brings us more light on the subject. It seems that applications created with React or Angular have problems for Google to position them on the web (SEO problems). They also have performance issues when trying to load the first page. The link mentioned above is lemoncode.net
The implemented code is available in the GitHub repository:
In the near future I will return to the topic to deepen a little more.